The Power of Why Challenge
We live in a world that is a product of the questions asked thus far. Simple questions lead to profound changes in our spheres of influence and control. The more insightful our questions, the better we understand the world around us, and the more we can impact it.
Stemming from the motto of the London School of Economics and Political Science- rerum cognoscere causas (to understand the causes of things) – ISBF’s The Power of Why – is an enquiry-based approach to teaching and learning that motivates students to challenge the status quo and question the fundamental assumptions about concepts, issues and phenomena that are typically taken for granted.
At ISBF, we believe in employing “The Power of Why” to understand concepts from the world of economics, management and finance.
The first edition of The Power of Why Challenge between October 2019 and January 2020 saw an overwhelming response from schools and students all over the country. Ergo, we are delighted to announce the second edition, The Power of Why Challenge 2.0!’
The Challenge takes participants on an exciting journey of exploration and analysis fueled by the power of why.
There are two rounds within The Power of Why.
Round 1 is about how questions bridge information asymmetry increasing the likelihood of accurate decision-making. It comprises of two Bouts:
Only those challengers who prove their mettle in Round 1 would move ahead to Round 2 of the Challenge.
Round 2 is about the might of a seemingly innocuous question, and requires each Challenger to ask one.
Challengers who reach this round are expected to:
1. This Challenge is only open to students who will be completing Class XII in 2020.
2. Students who participated in the first edition of The Power of Why Challenge are not eligible to participate in this edition.
3. All scholarships are with respect to the ISBF Tuition Fee.
4. Winners of this Challenge must still appear for all steps of the ISBF admission process. Winners will also be eligible to apply for other scholarships offered by ISBF.
5. You will receive the complete set of rules and regulations via email upon registering, and are advised to go through them carefully before attempting the Challenge.
6. See the ISBF website for more details on fees, scholarships and the admission process.